Thursday, September 9, 2010

There's No Place Like Home


One of my favorite things about traveling is photos.  I am not very good at taking them while I'm actually in the process of traveling, but I always enjoy them when I get home.  I love this picture of myself at Stonehenge.  It was cold and windy, but hello... I'm standing in front of Stonehenge!  How cool is that? 




And I love all of the pictures of me and my husband.  We very rarely take pictures together and I probably would have totally forgotten about it if not for our facebook happy traveling companions.  This is in front of a war memorial in Moscow on the day of our friends' wedding.  It's a Russian wedding custom to drive around town and take pictures in front of things.  We saw wedding parties everywhere we went -- especially the palaces. 

But the absolute BEST part of traveling is coming home.  My jet lag is gone, my laundry is done, and my kids are happy to have mom home. 

I don't think I'll be taking any two week long trips any time soon.  This last one has fulfilled my wanderlust for quite some time, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment