Friday, August 6, 2010

Lusting over a Serger

I need a serger. Specifically, I need this serger:





Isn't it lovely? Doesn't it just scream "Sew with me!" Doesn't it just look like it would be the most wonderful, perfect addition to my sewing room?

This particular gorgeous little model is being given away by SewMamaSew (http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=9630). I read this blog every day. I enter almost every contest. I've yet to win anything, so maybe this is my time. Maybe I have never won a blog give-a-way for a reason. Maybe all of my good karma was being saved up for this, the ultimate blog give-a-way?

So, how would my life be better with a new serger? It would be melodramatic to say that my entire life would change, but I'm guessing that there is a great deal of truth to that statement. I suppose that it would be equally melodramatic to say that my life changed when I got my new sewing machine, but there is no doubting that. Sewing has simply saved my sanity.

I see terrible things in my job. Things that most people hear about on the evening news, and just can't bear to think about, are part of my everyday life. It chips away at my heart, and sewing helps my heart heal. I can just leave behind the horrors and injustices of this world and just focus on the goodness of simply creating something beautiful for somebody I love. I can go into my little room, with my thread and stacks of cotton, and leave the pain behind.

Thinking of all of the things that I could make with a new serger makes me smile. The beautiful little knit shirts and dresses I could make for my girls, the rescuing and repurposing of the beloved Lightning McQueen t-shirt, the hot pink wrap dress that I've been dying to make... mmm... blissful. Winning this serger would be like the universe is saying, "Thank you, Monique, for all that you do. Here is a little token of our appreciation."

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope it comes with a traveling case so that you can take it with you to Russia and Minneapolis...

    ReplyDelete