Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekend Projects

I'm so looking forward to the weekend starting that I can barely contain myself. I've got some fun projects planned and I can't wait to get going on them.

I'm going to finish up Molly's reversible sun dresses. My thought was that maybe she wouldn't change her clothes five times a day if she could just turn the dress around and get a whole new look. We'll see how that goes. She wants matching dresses for her American Girl doll, but I think I'm going to have her work on that herself and just help when she needs it.

I'm also bound and determined to make some upcycled underwear for the kids. I've got all of these cute t-shirts with one little hole or stain that I've just not had the heart to throw out, so I think that this will be the perfect project to put them to good use. I've surfed the web and browsed tutorials in preparation. Some of them are pretty good (This one's my favorite: http://sewastraightline.blogspot.com/2010/02/little-boxer-briefs.html). I'm going to make my own pattern, so we'll see how that goes. I want to try to not use elastic, and that might be a little bit of a challenge. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

And just so you don't think that I'll be sitting on my bum all weekend, I'm also planning to teach the nanny how to do back handsprings. We've been working on back walkovers, and she's almost got it figured out. She has a cheerleading thing at the U of M next week, so she doesn't have much time to prepare. Luckily for her, she just happens to be working for one of the four people in the tri-county area that can actually teach her how to it. The pay may not be great, but the benefits seem to be working for her.

To top it all off, the resort has some sort of summery celebration planned. There is a parade on Saturday, and the kids want to make a float. I also think that this might be a good opportunity for Molly to do the lemonade stand that she's been talking about since February.

1 comment: