Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter and Mady's Birthday














Our family had a great Easter. The children wore their matching outfits with out complaint, and I'm smart enough to know that this won't go on for long. Micah had never worn a tie before, so he frequently patted his chest and told us that he was handsome. We, of course, agreed. Unfortunately, I could get all three of them to pose together for a picture. The closest I got is this one where you can only see the back of Mady. I guess that you'll have to just look at the separate pictures and imagine them all standing nicely together and smiling beautifully.












The day before Easter, we celebrated Madelynn's first birthday. Being a bit of a princess, she didn't even get frosting all over herself.










And, somehow, in the midst of all of this excitement, I sewed myself a shirt (I originally intended to enter it into Made By Rae's Spring Top Contest -- but I don't know if I'll get around to it). I was so inspired that I finally finished my magenta sweater. I love it.




Since then, I've sewed myself a sleeveless shirt with the same pattern as the floral one, but I haven't gotten a picture of it yet.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to mentioned that I sewed the kids' Easter outfits -- even Micah's tie! I was lucky enough to find a spring-y print in three different colors. It was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, if you're going to model your own creations at least get your face in it... escpecially if you're going to take the time to stand all pretty like by a tree.... otherwise very nice, but don't use old people fabric next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time, I'll wear some makeup and use my face, I promise! As far as the old people fabric, no promises as I am particularly fond of old people fabric.

    ReplyDelete