Thursday, October 22, 2009

Corn Cob Slippers


Pictured above are the original corn cob slippers. Of course, they are not slippers, but pot holders. My grandma used to keep them on her kitchen counter, and when I went to visit her as a little girl, she would let me put them on my feet and slip and slide all over her kitchen. A few years ago, she gave them to me. They now live on my kitchen counter and I even occationally let Molly slip and slide around the kitchen in them.
I have a crochet pattern for slippers that I love to make, which I refer to as "corn cob slippers." They slip and slide as well as the originals (unless I purposely un-slippy them with puff paint) and I can easily modify them to make them in any size imaginable. Last Christmas, I made a bunch of these slippers for gifts for family members... even Uncle Max yelled, "Yes! Corn Cob Slippers!" when he opened his.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monique,
    I am looking for a slipper pattern that my great Aunt used to make and this looks alot like the slippers. Do you know where I can find a pattern for this? I would appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    Katie
    Kate0109@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones pictured here actually aren't slippers. They are potholders and were the ones I used to wear on my feet.

    I would suggest looking on ravelry.com

    ReplyDelete